Functions and Responsibilities of Referee
Note: The following content is modified
from the original "Rules of Woodball"
published by IWF (International Woodball Federation).
I. Chief Referee
- Understand the practice and conduct of game.
- Assign referees to the game and notify the particulars
- Supervise referee in the execution of the game.
- Assist the referee to settle the problem arising
in the execution of the game.
- Check the final scores.
- Request to convene the Adjudication Committee in
case a suit or protest is submitted and report the incident to the
- Announce the rules of play and the particulars for
attention to the players in advance of playing if necessary
- Check with the name list of the players and their
- Call start of play on each fairway and manage drawing
lot for the player's order of playing.
- Declare the conclusion of play on each fairway and
the number of strokes of every player.
- Lead the players to complete the game in accordance
with the series number of the fairway.
- Deal with incidents against precedent or infractions
of rule during play and announce time-out and the restart of play.
- Record the player's number of strokes and infractions.
- Check with the result of play and request the player
to sign his name for confirmation.
- The referee onward movement and path should not affect
the player's hitting.
- The referee should stand at a position where he can
see clearly the hitting action of the player and the direction the