I. General Principles
- Woodball game is conducted in accordance with the
Rules and Regulations of the Organizer and the Woodball Rules.
- Every player should complete the games through the
first to the twelfth fairway (or as stipulated), and the final outcome
is determined by the total stroke count in play.
- In case the player does no complete the game on any
one fairway or discontinues playing, his result will not be counted.
II. The system of competition
Type of competition : divided into
Method of competition: Divided into.
- Individual competition: The individual as a competition
- Team competition: The team as a competitor unit.
- Stroke competition: The competitor who completed
twelve fairways in the fewest strokes is the winner.
- Fairway competition: The competitor who has won a
greater number of the twelve fairways in the fewest strokes is the
III. Procedures of Competition
The Start of Play
Process of Play
- As the referee announces the start of play, the player
should start to play in accordance with the order of playing set
by arrangement or by lot.
- In case the player in the game is five minutes late
or refuses to play after the referee announced the start of play,
his qualification for the game shall be cancelled.
- As the player enters into the starting area, all
the other players should retreat to the rear of the starting area
for safety sake.
- In first shot, the ball should be positioned within
the starting area and is hit toward the direction of the gate.
- In play, the ball in play was hit throught the metal
rod of the gate and was behind the wooden cup but away from each
other. It is taken as completion of one fairway competition.
- During play, the ball which falls on the ground outside
the boundary is out of bound.
- When out of bounds, the ball should be taken back
and placed at the position where the point the ball rolled out of
the boundary is taken as the center with a radius of two mallet
- If the ball in play falls or rolls into obstacles
such as holes, trees, grove, pools, etc, and is not fit for hitting,
it can be picked out and placed at the position where is the point
of obstacle for entering into the boundary, and this point is taken
as the center. The ball is treated as out of bounds, or the ball
can be placed at any new position that is set up backwards without
limit on the fairway, but one stroke is added to the player.
- During play, Whenever a player begins to swing his
mallet, all the other players should retreat to both sides of the
fairway or to the rear of the hitter at a safety distance of more
than 3 meters.
- Wherever in front or in the rear of the gate, a
ball on the fairway can be hit directly to run through the gate.
- During play, in the event of any of natural contingencies,
whether the game is to continue or not will be announced by the
- After the game on one fairway is completed, the
game on next fairway then can begin. Games on all the fairways are
to be conducted in the same manner.
- On the next fairway the order of first shot is based
on the sequent numbers set by arrangement, and each play in turn
in due course.
- During play, when the player requests to replace
his equipment, replacement is permitted after completion of one
fairway competition (excluding the case that the equipment is damages).
Before use, the equipment should be inspected by the referee.
- When hitting, the player hits the ball and simultaneously
broke his equipment, In this case, it is counted on stroke, and
the player cannot claim to hit again.
- The ball in play was bumped by a ball from a different
fairway, and it stopped at a new position, which is taken as its
position. In the event of the ball being bumped out of the boundary,
it is treated as out of bounds, but it does not call for a penalty
of one stroke.
- The player should not touch with any part of his
body or his equipment the ball in play, no matter it is his or other's.
- Whenever the player attacks the gate or makes a
shot, he should hold the grip shaft of his mallet but should not
hold close to the mallet head.
- Whenever hitting, the player should not hit or attack
the gate with his mallet put between his two legs.
- In case there is a line marked at a distance of
5 meters away from the gate on a fairway, the player attacks directly
the gate and succeeds in hitting the ball passing through the gate.
Subtract one stroke from his stroke counts on the fairway.
- In case on the medium and the long distance fairway
is marked a line indicating 30 meters, the player who hits his first
shot and his ball does not go beyond the line is to add one stoke;
meanwhile, if his ball goes out of the boundary within 30 meters,
it is dealt with as out of bounds. If the ball goes beyond the line
and then goes out of the boundary, it is dealt with as out of bounds.
Outcome of Play
- Stroke Competition:
- The outcome of a twelve-fairway competition every player has
completed is decided on the stroke count. The fewest strokes is
the winner. In the event of the same number of total stroke count,
the competitor who has won a great number of the fairways in the
fewest strokes is the winner. Accordingly, outcome is conducted
in the same manner or extra game in a given fairway assigned by
the organizer goes on until the result comes out.
- Decision of the outcome of a team is made on the sum of the
total stroke counts of the best four players in the team. The
team with a smaller sum is the winner. In the event of the same
sum, the team of which individual stroke count is the fewst is
the winner. Accordingly, team outcome is conducted in the same
- Fairway Competition:
- For every game, the competitor who has won a greater number of fairways
is the winner. In the event of the same number of fairways won, extra
games in a given fairway assigned by the organizer goes on until the
result comes out.